Born between 20 April and 20 May, he’s an Earth sign, ruled by the planet Venus – and there’s a lot going for him. Some words people use to describe a Taurus man are reliable, secure, loyal, committed, dependable, stubborn, and practical. Some steamy famous Taurus males include David Beckham, Al Pacino, George Clooney, and Robert Pattinson.
He’s a real pillar of strength in any sort of crisis, he’s good at his job, and stress just doesn’t seem to get to him. He’s usually calm and composed, and can sometimes veer into laziness. He wants to provide for his family and build a stable home, which is what any earth sign is about.
If you’re looking to date a Taurus man, there are some essential things you need to know to be better prepared for all he brings into a relationship. Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
The Taurus Man in Love
When this guy falls in love, it’s a big deal for him. He falls madly and deeply. He’s one of those star signs who can always cherish his ex-girlfriends because of the deep feelings he had for them.
He also struggles to let go of a relationship, even if he knows it’s not going anywhere. He could be quite hard to break up with. He’s a protector, he’s charming and he keeps his word. If he falls in love with you, he will only have eyes for you.
He can be quite emotional and is extremely devoted to his steady routine. He will likely plan your next date while you’re still on the current one. He can be highly protective of what’s his, so watch out if you like to talk or flirt with another man. The Taurus man can be very jealous – he wants to know that you’re only his.
As a fixed earth sign, he’s more realistic, practical, and introverted compared to other signs. He’s quite laid-back and low-key so don’t expect a lot of romantic gestures, sentimental words, or public displays of affection. He has no patience for anything superficial.
He’ll think long and hard before saying “I love you”, and that’s okay. But, when he does, he truly means it. So, if you’re dating a Taurus man, keep the following things in mind:
- He can be a real charmer initially, but won’t be showing much affection early on
- He’s into his routine and rituals and protects them religiously
- He doesn’t deal well with negative remarks and can be quite sensitive
What He Looks For in a Relationship
- Take it slow. He likes to take things one step at a time, so you need to have patience with him if you don’t want to scare him away. If he feels that you’re coming on too strong or are getting clingy early on, he will back off.
- Stick to his routine. He can be a little unsettled about change, and too much change too quickly isn’t his cup of tea. He appreciates knowing what’s going on, where he’s going, and being with a woman who knows how important his routine is to him.
- Encourage him to make future plans. You don’t want a Taurus man to become too complacent, so a nudge from time to time is helpful. Encourage him to open up to you about where he sees himself in a few years time and to plan a future. It’ll tell you a lot there is to know about him, and you’ll get a sense of whether he sees you in the picture.
- Make an effort to dress up for him. Your effort won’t go unnoticed, and you could trust that he’ll put his best foot forward for you at every date as well.
What He Dislikes in a Relationship
- He hates being taken advantage of. Sometimes it could feel like you’re dating a frugal man, which might make you feel awkward when he insists on splitting the bill two ways. He knows where money comes from, likes to spend it wisely, and doesn’t appreciate being responsible for others.
- Avoid arguing with him. This is especially true before you know each other well. He can be extremely stubborn when he wants to make a point. He prefers things done his way, and won’t back down.
- He avoids conflict. He might even shut down an entire conversation, just to avoid confrontation – even when you want to discuss things. He might not own up to being wrong either, which can be extremely infuriating.
His Perfect Date
This star sign is a great lover of art, music, and theatre, so a perfect date would be an opportunity for him to get closer to his passions. That, or a home-cooked meal! Chances are he’ll join you in the kitchen and help.
Give him a chance to impress you; he’s very good with his hands and good at doing many things around the house.
So, now that you are dating a Taurus man, keep reading for the 8 essential things you need to know.
1. Honesty is the best policy.
When it comes to dating a Taurus man, this star sign doesn’t understand any dating games or care about dating rules. He’s straightforward and expects the same from the woman he’s with.
He has no patience for dishonesty in a relationship, so if you betray his trust, that’d be the end of your love.
Avoid pretending that you like something just because you want to impress him. It’ll do just the opposite! He wants you to be you, so be your natural authentic self.
He will still learn to respect and accept even the traits that clash with his own, which shows how much he values honesty and authenticity.
2. He loves the comfort of his own home.
If you enjoy regular traveling, adventure-seeking, and thrills, this might not be the right man for you. Not saying that he never does anything, but he loves his home more than anything else. He’s a homebody by nature and nothing can change that. The woman he’s with should appreciate that and not try to change his routine too much.
He’s most comfortable at home after a hard day’s work or hanging out with another couple or family. It certainly doesn’t make him the most exciting star sign, but he’s definitely the most dependable and loyal one.
3. He seeks lasting value.
This star sign seeks lasting value in everything he does – including work, hobbies, and relationships. He commits to a woman that he knows is on the same wavelength as he is and who really gets him.
He might take things slow and it might take months to get to know each other before he’s comfortable enough to call you his girlfriend, but that’s just his way of doing things. He needs to test the waters before he gives in completely – but once he does, you know he’s yours forever.
4. He’s got a unique energy.
The Taurus man is ruled by Venus, the planet of romance, love, and beauty while being a fixed earth sign, which makes him a pretty unique mixture.
He’s all about tangible displays of love and tangible sensations. He’s big on senses, wants to smell good and look good. He speaks with calmness, and he’s got a great taste for many things. He’s a kind-hearted man, which makes women incredibly attracted to him.
He feels comforting and welcoming. Don’t be surprised if he’s really popular amongst his female colleagues. Who wouldn’t want to be around this kind of energy? He feels like someone you’ve known for years.
5. He’s the ultimate family man.
If you’re hoping to settle down with a Taurus man, you are in for a treat. He’s the ultimate provider, a great father, a devoted husband, and a perfect friend. He loves comfort so much that he’ll gladly spend every single day with you at home, helping out and fixing things.
He likes tradition, and can even be a little old-fashioned – but, you know he’s loyal and reliable, and that you’ll always know where you stand with him. He’s also a real romantic when it comes to celebrating birthdays and anniversaries; he’ll always go the extra mile.
6. You’ll have to steer things
One of the downsides of dating a Taurus is actually caused by his gentle and passive nature. He’s so passive, that you can feel a certain stagnation in the relationship. He’s content with taking the back seat and letting you steer things, but that also means you’ll likely be the person making all the big plans and doing most of the work in the relationship.
If you enjoy being in charge, you may have found your perfect match – but if you want him to step up a little, then you need to have a lot of patience and be direct with him.
7. He likes his comfort zone.
Never ask him to get out of his comfort zone, or “threaten” his stability and perfectly formed habits.
Nine times out of ten he’s fine with following you wherever you suggest, but the one time he might freak out by the smallest thing is when it goes against his values or expectations. That’s when the stubborn bull comes raging to the surface – so try your best not to get this guy angry.
8. He’s goal-focused
A true, goal-focused sign, the Taurus man is passionate about his career and possesses natural financial skills. He’s also extremely averse to wasting money and can appear to be a little materialistic.
His determination and goal-setting are key personality traits. He can be hyper-focused on the task at hand and sometimes clash with you if you aren’t on the same page about getting things done.
Compatibility with Other Star Signs
At the end of the day, this star sign is a joy to date – but can also be very challenging. Make sure you know a lot there is to know about him before getting involved.
Surprisingly, Taurus ranks as #11 on our list of zodiac signs that make the best boyfriends ranked from best to worst – so be sure to check it out.
If you’d like to find out more about a different Zodiac or other star sign compatibilities, check out our complete guide to Horoscopes – and learn how they impact relationships.